Simple Rules to Help Everyone Stay Safe
During the Pandemic:
- Stay close to home. Driving to distant sites increases the likelihood of spreading the disease.
- Keep a 6 foot distance between you and other hikers (except those in your household)
- If you are not feeling well, stay home.
- Do not expect to use any bathroom or other facilities.
- Do not share equipment except with members of your household.
- Take care when signing in to use your own pen or sanitize your hands immediately after signing. Only have one party member sign in per group.
- Do not share rides except with members of your household.
- Leash your dogs and practice social distancing rules with them.
Guidelines for all times:
- Avoid high use areas or go at off times.
- If the parking lot is full, visit a different location. For visitor safety and the safety of others, do not park on roadsides and only park in designated parking areas.
- Alert others as you pass or step to the side to let other hikers pass.
- Be sure to sign in at the registration box.
- Practice tick prevention and check for ticks after your outing at all times. Tick borne diseases are always possible and can cause serious illness.
We are thankful to first responders and essential workers. Please show your appreciation by maintaining a six foot distance from others while shopping and by wearing a mask to help prevent the spread of the virus. The virus can be transmitted days before symptoms appear, as well as by asymptomatic people shedding the virus.