Catskill Mountain Club Dinner, Saturday, September 30th
Registration Closes on September 15th
After a three-year hiatus, the Catskill Mountain Club will once again hold its popular annual dinner on Saturday, September 30th at Bluestone Restaurant at the Delhi College Golf Course. A cocktail hour with hors d’oeuvres and a cash bar will begin at 5:00 pm. The buffet dinner at 6:00 pm will feature Brooks Chicken, delicious sides and a dessert bar. Highlights of the evening will include an exciting silent auction, the presentation of trail challenge awards and speaker Paul Misko’s talk, “Packed for Adventure.”
Trail Challenge Awards
Trail Challenge awards will be presented to all those in attendance who have earned an award in the last three years. These awards include All Trails, Catskills Grid/420 and Catskills 4 Seasons/140.
The dinner will feature a silent auction with a wide range of sought-after items donated by members, friends and area businesses to support the work of the Catskill Mountain Club. Bids will only be accepted live, at the dinner. Auction items already include:
- A Cooking Class for Two at Strickland Hollow, Delhi
- A Tasting Menu for Two At EIGHTYMAIN, Delhi
- Gift Certificate to Binnekill Tavern, plus Brooklyn Rustic Cookbook: Simple Food For Sophisticated Palates, Binnekill Tavern Market Bag and Two Binnekill Tavern Mugs
- Walking Stick Carved by Speaker Paul Misko
- Two Gift Certificates for two rounds of golf with carts at the Delhi College Golf Course
- One Hour Massage Session at Bodyworx Massage Therapy, Margaretville
- A Cutting Board Handcrafted by Walter Putrycz
- A Three-Day Weekend at Cottage on Summit Lake, Burlington Flats
- A package of 10 day-passes to The Catskill Recreation Center, Arkville
- Pair of Leki Khumbu Lite Trekking Poles from Morgan Outdoors in Hurleyville
- Thule Rooftop Carrier for Single Kayak
- Wannts single, 24-ounce inflatable air sleeping pad
- Gift Certificate for Framing at Rachel’s Framing, Delhi
- One Hour Training Session at Cardio Club, Delhi
- One-Quart Bear Bowl Fold-Out Camping Stove Cookpot
- 1 framed print by well-known pencil artist Jack Mesick
- 3 unframed prints by Jack Mesick
- Four Pounds of Coffee from The Roman Roaster, Delhi
- Free Bicycle Tune-Up from Otsego Cycles, Oneonta
- Half Case (6 bottles) of Half-Wild Cider from Wayside Cider, Andes
- Basking Painted Turtle, Original Painting, Framed, Acrylic on Canvas by renowned local artist Nancy McShane
We will keep updating this list as more items are donated.
Paul Misko has been hiking in the Catskills since his youth and has been researching its history for many years. He has written many articles and given lots of talks on Catskill hiking and history, with a focus on the tanning industry, and John Burroughs. He is the founder of the Catskill 4000 Club, a small but pithy hiking group.
Paul’s presentation is entitled “Packed for Adventure” and in it he will show us the equipment, food, and clothing used by Catskill hikers in the 1800’s through the 1900’s. He will share many funny and disturbing anecdotes found in the writings of John Burroughs, Longstreth, and others. Be assured that you will hear things about John Burroughs you never knew. The talk will close with a quick review of what every Catskill hiker should carry.
The space for the dinner is limited, so make sure to purchase your tickets as soon as possible!